NOTE: Actions configurable for the extended filetypes are the same
as the actions configurable for the default supported filetypes, i.e.:
Allow (Do not block/scan for viruses)
AV Scan (Hide Progress from User)
AV Scan (Show Progress to User)
5. Click on the Apply button to save your configuration settings.
Excluding Users/IPs from Web Traffic Scanning
Screenshot 18 Enumerating Users/IPs excluded from Web Traffic Scanning
You can configure GFI WebMonitor to block objects downloaded by
specific users/Computer IPs to the Web Traffic Scanning processing
engine. This means that the data objects downloaded by users listed
in the user/IP exception list will not be run against the Web Traffic
Scanning action parameters.
To configure User/IP exceptions:
1. Click on the Configuration
Web Traffic Scanning node.
2. Go to the Exceptions: Users/Computers section.
3. Specify the username or IP address of the computer that will be
excluded from the Web Traffic Scanning process and click on the Add
4. Click on the Apply button to save your configuration settings.
GFI WebMonitor 3
Web Traffic Scanning