NOTE: It is recommended that the collected data is cleared at
least once a week.
Automatically reset the Connection data history list every day
at midnight Select this option to let GFI WebMonitor
automatically reset the history data cache daily at midnight.
4. Click on the Apply button to save the configuration settings.
NOTE: GFI WebMonitor can store up to a maximum of 3000 records
in its website history cache. Exceeding the maximum limit will cause
random deletion of information from the history cache. Whenever this
happens, a Data Overflow message is displayed at the bottom of the
URL History page.
GFI WebMonitor will send an email notification on the occurrence of
important events. Important email notifications include warnings when
anti virus definition files fail to update as well as warnings when the
anti virus license will be approaching expiry.
To configure the recipient and mail server settings to use for email
1. Click on the Configuration
General Options node.
2. Go to the Alerting Options section.
3. Specify the following parameters:
To: Specify the address to where email notifications will be sent.
From: Specify the email address from where the email
notification will be sent.
SMTP Server: Specify the IP address of the SMTP Server which
will forward the email notifications.
SMTP Port: Specify the port through which the email
transmission will take place.
3. Click on the Apply button to save your configuration settings.
Extended Alerting Options
GFI WebMonitor can be configured to send the target recipient email
notifications every time the virus definitions are successfully
downloaded and updated.
To enable extended Alerting Options:
1. Exit GFI WebMonitor interface.
2. Open the file named `WebMonCfg.TXT' in GFI WebMonitor
3. Add the following entry in the [Notifications] area of the
`WebMonCfg.TXT' file: `
4. Save and close the file.
5. Restart the ISA Server Web Proxy Server (W3PROXY) from the
Service Control Manager (Start
Configuring GFI WebMonitor
GFI WebMonitor 3